The Accessibility Unit of the Hebrew University is working to make the Hebrew University an arena that is equitable and accessible for diverse populations of students. The Unit provides services to students who deal with various physical, sensory, and mental disabilities. It offers information and assistance with regard to the rights of students with disabilities in the University and beyond.
The activities of the Accessibility Unit:
- Self-advocacy assistance, mediation with different entities at the University (lecturers, secretariats, etc.).
- Referral to evaluation or treatment and other relevant services in the University and beyond, if necessary.
- Consultation regarding assistive technology solutions (FM devices, ergonomic equipment and assistive software).
- Provision of recommendations for adjustments in examinations based on medical documentation.
- Cooperation with the National Insurance Institute and the Ministry of Defense, and assistance in the realization of rights for auxiliary services (tutoring, additional lessons, transcription, etc.).
You can also contact the Accessibility Unit regarding additional problems such as special housing conditions in dormitories and other issues emerging following accessibility difficulties. For your convenience, you can take a virtual tour at various campuses - for orientation, location of accessible routs and familiarity with the areas of the campus, at the following link Students with disabilities who study at Mount Scopus campus, can view accessible routes map of the campus by clicking the following link.
Malfunctions service center
Handling occasional problems with elevators, stairlifts, disabled toilets, etc. Contact telephone: Jerusalem (Edmond J. Safra campus, Mount Scopus, Ein Kerem): 02-5884030, 02-5884410 Rehovot (Faculty of agriculture): 08-9489342 For contact via the website click here