Every appeal goes through early screening by the welfare coordinator in the Dean of Students.
Appeals that do not relate to unusual and unexpected circumstances, such as those listed below, will not be brought before the Committee for discussion:
- Failure to meet the deadline for syllabus changes, due to forgetfulness.
- Failure to find the course(s) interesting.
- Work, studies or family overload
- Failure to obtain a study permit from workplace for time off to attend classes.
- Travel abroad not due to unusual and unexpected circumstances.
- Other appeals not due to exceptional and unexpected circumstances.